Friday, January 20, 2012

Woo hoo! Teaching Blog!

It's felt like I've been waiting for ages, but the day has finally come...the day we've all been waiting for...dun dun dun...

I have a teaching blog!  Hooray!

I knew that I couldn't have a real teaching blog until I got a real teaching job...so when I started teaching ESOL last week, the teaching blog wasn't far behind.

I graduated college in May of 2010, and since then I've done just about everything except teach.  I was a regular sub; a long-term sub in 3rd grade and K-5 art special; a camp counselor; and a parapro in two different special ed classes (SID/PID and then MOID).  Whew--just think, all of those jobs were in less than a two year span.  Slowly but surely I've been moving my way up the educational ladder.

Then the clouds parted and the sun shone down on me (just kidding), and I got a call offering me a job as a 1st grade/Kindergarten ESOL teacher.  Lemme tell you, I jumped on that without hesitation!  As of today, I have been an ESOL teacher for two weeks (obviously I am now an expert).  I am so excited to begin chronicling the adventures (and misadventures) of my first real teaching job.  My plan is to share lots of the things we're doing in class in the hopes that maybe it will inspire someone else out there.  I love following teaching blogs, so please comment and I'll go check you out!

3 comments:

  1. congratulations! can't wait to read about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new adventure!! It's so much fun having your own room... a little place that is yours. I'm loving my room- and while it is limited on space and decor.. I'm making it mine.. all my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. The kids are blessed to have a teacher like you. I am going to be working on and ESOL endorsement soon so I look forward to learning a lot from you. Have a wonderful time with your kiddos.

    ReplyDelete