Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cha-ching!

Hey everyone!

Today I have a very unique problem: I have too much money to spend.

Yikes--never thought I'd have the problem of too much money!  ;]  Actually, this isn't really my money.  This is the money allotted to me from the school to spend on stuff for my classroom.  But I'm having issues deciding what to get. 

See, I've only seen my students three times back in the third week of January.  So I'm not really sure what I'll need once I start really teaching.  This is where you guys come in!  :]  If you could get something for your classroom that would be super useful, what would you get?  I'm afraid that I'm going to end up spending my money on stuff I don't really need, and then in a month or so I think, "MAN I wish I'd known that ___ would be so useful!" 

Anyways...I officially have the problem of too much money and not knowing what to spend it on.  I don't think this will ever happen to me again--I'd better soak the feeling up.  :]

Please share your best advice...and I'll be sure to let you know what I end up purchasing. 

Have a tremendous Tuesday!



3 comments:

  1. I don't get money for my room (I'm lucky to get the discarded text books that are to ratty to distribute!) I seriously wish I had personal sized white boards to help kids with (math)work. My standard issued board is blocked because of the cubby's.

    Sorry I can't help more!! Flash cards maybe?? But then again you can make them yourself and spend the money on something else.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the recommendation for small white boards and markers. my students also use composition notebooks for EVERYTHING, science journals, math journals, writing journals. and to edit them, we use different colored pens; that way they can go back and review the edits completed previously.

    and my 2nd - 5th grade ELL's use our Hot Dot cards at LEAST three times a week. I have the reading version, ela version, AND the phonics. they are a phenomenal independent center resource.

    hope that was some of help!
    **maxey
    thelocoteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, so here's a crazy purchase, if you want to go crazy but fun.
    ever heard of a stretchy band? we use it for our music lessons and it's so much fun. i don't know how much use you would get out of it, but i really like it.
    http://singingforautism.com/stretchy-band/

    ReplyDelete